16/365 Photo Project - Macro Planetoids

Macro Planetoids

For today's photo I broke out my Macro lens and decided to try to take a close up shot of the filament inside one of the bulbs in the vanity mirror in our bathroom. Little did a realize that off centering my focus would allow me to capture the other worldly vision above. The craters are actually collections of dust on the bulb (note to self, I should clean the bathroom mirror more often!)

Believe it or not this is taken in full daylight, however, because I am using spot metering and the filament of the bulb is so bright the background is exposed as near black which saves me from having to edit out any unwanted background highlights. Hint: Use manual focus when trying to take shots like this, the AF can often be confused about exactly what you are trying to focus on and can spend precious seconds 'seeking' the correct focus.

Taken with the Pentax K200d in Av mode and the Sigma 70mm F/2.8 EX DG Macro Lens with MF setting and cropped to be the ratio of my laptop so that can use it as my current background image.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photography Project - Handlebars 2022

Fishermen Returning Home - Second Watercolor Painting

Earth and Crab Nebula, Acrylic 5x5