27/365 Photo Project - White Narcissus Macro

White narcissus with yellow stamen, macro

One of the main challenges I've found of undertaking a 365 photo project other than finding something creative to snap each day is the weather. Whether the weather be good, or whether the weather be bad a photo needs to be taken.

Today was one of those days which means an indoor shot. I turned my old reliable macro lens on one the flowering bulbs we have displayed in our dining room that are slightly past their prime. These little flower heads are about an inch in diameter to give you an idea of just how close up this shot is.

With just the over head dining room light it was a little too dark to be hand holding the camera so I used the on-camera flash which gives an ethereal theme to the out of focus areas here I think. The non-flash frames I took were a little too noisy but had a very different look, maybe I'll post them in a 'rejects' gallery ;)

Taken with the Pentax K200d and the Sigma 70mm F/2.8 EX DG Macro Lens, handheld, with on-camera IS and some tricky Manual Focusing, cropped for size and tone corrected in PhotoShop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photography Project - Handlebars 2022

Fishermen Returning Home - Second Watercolor Painting

Earth and Crab Nebula, Acrylic 5x5