Photoshop #3 - 3d Other World

3d Other World

I must have been in a creative mood today because I thought I would try to follow the techniques laid out by Alexandra Fomicheva in her blog post but using my own images as the source of this outer worldly scene.

I don't have Photoshop CS5 so I didn't expect to follow all the 3d techniques mentioned and I didn't expect to be able to come anywhere close to the professional results of the tutorial. Rather I wanted to practice my artistic post processing skills and learn some new Photoshop techniques, namely layers, gradient fill, tweaking of magic wand selections and how to apply filters to only parts of an image. And the result was the above image where I used the moon from a photograph I took in Medford MA in January, the clouds from a South Boston MA scene I taken in February and a texture lifted from yet another of my 365 photo projects. All in all there's not much photography in this but at least there is some digital artistry I hope.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photography Project - Handlebars 2022

Fishermen Returning Home - Second Watercolor Painting

Earth and Crab Nebula, Acrylic 5x5